Wednesday, November 14, 2007

DOES THIS CATCH YOUR ATTENTION?!?!?

In my time in college I have had to complete a variety of different projects. One of my favorites thus far was a project I completed for my Persuasion class last year. In America we are constantly being lured in to advertisements that use enticing jargon and colorful images. For this project in particular the class was told to create a fake non-profit organization that supported a cause that we believed in and create flyers, commercials, and the platform for this organization. The girls in my group and I chose to harp in on drinking and how it affects a person inside and out, and promoting “real beauty”. This project was interesting because not only did I get to endorse a cause I believe in, but I was able to play with the advertising techniques and create slogans and ads that really could catch the publics attention. Now, whether it is watching television or reading a magazine I am much more aware of the ads and realizing the tactics used to draw in the public.

No comments: