Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Live It Up"

Looking toward next semester I have many different priorities, goals and anticipations. Being my last semester at Texas A&M University, I have been told by many alumni to “live it up” and I suppose that phrase is up to my interpretation. For me, I believe that “living it up” would involve pouring into my friends’ lives, teaching them as well as learning from them, being there to listen to them, and supporting them. I realize that when the day comes that I am pushed into the workforce my colleagues will not be chosen by me, and they most likely will not be someone I would choose to be friends with, so I need to enjoy that time now.

My priorities for school have also changed drastically in the past year, I used to just try and get by as best as I could, but now I am in classes that truly mean something to me and my future career, now instead of memorizing facts, I am learning significant information. This next semester, in the hype of graduating, I hope that I do not forget the value of my education.

Throughout the past two years I have experienced a lot in my family. Starting with a separation that led to a divorce, my grandfather’s death, and the strain of moving to a new house after spending a lifetime in another. Finally things are looking up. My goal for this year is to spend as much time as I can experiencing and helping to build this new life for my family, as both my parents follow different paths.

I look with great anticipation toward this next semester, and I am planning to “live it up”.

No comments: